Your Local OH & S Specialists
Coregenic Ltd provide occupational health and safety services and training for accident investigation, COSHH hazardous substances, construction design management, fire and health and safety awareness, managing contractors, manual handling and risk assessment.
Our health and safety services extend throughout Wales (including Swansea, Cardiff, Neath Port Talbot, Carmarthenshire and Bridgend) for sole traders, local businesses and large national companies.
Our office is located in Rockfield Industrial Estate, Unit C, in Neath Abbey, just off the M4 – Swansea.
Our Health & Safety Services
Take a look at the various services that we offer at Coregenic.
The Importance of Health and Safety
Employers face a wide range of duties and initiatives aimed at protecting the health and welfare of their employees. The purpose of health and safety law is to ensure a safe working environment for employees. In the UK, this requires employers to meet health and safety obligations, covered by a vast range of legislation.
As a minimum, employers should:
- Publish a health and safety policy if they employ more than five people.
- Take out and maintain a compulsory insurance policy, known as Employers’ Liability Insurance, which covers employees against accidents and ill health.
- Arrange for the appointment of health and safety representatives.
- Establish a health and safety committee if requested by a recognised trade union.
- Appoint a competent person to evaluate risks and hazards.
- Arrange periodic risk assessments.
- Consult with employee health and safety representatives.
- Inform staff of risks and steps taken to protect them.
- Provide adequate safety training to address risks, as appropriate.
- Comply with the updated provisions concerning health and safety posters and leaflets.
- Monitor and improve safety arrangements.
- Adapt work to the individual especially with respect to the design of workplaces.
- Establish procedures to be followed in the event of serious and imminent danger to persons working in the organisation.
- Provide comprehensible and relevant health and safety information.