South West Wales
Your Local OH & S Consultants
CoreGenic Ltd provide occupational health and safety services and training for accident investigation, COSHH hazardous substances, construction design management, fire and health and safety awareness, managing contractors, manual handling and risk assessment.
Our office is located in Rockfield Industrial Estate, Unit C, in Neath Abbey, just off the M4 – Swansea.
Our Health & Safety Services
Take a look at the various services that we offer at CoreGenic.
The Importance of HSE In The Workplace
Employers face a wide range of duties and initiatives aimed at protecting the health and welfare of their employees. The purpose of health and safety law is to ensure a safe working environment for employees. In the UK, this requires employers to meet health and safety obligations, covered by a vast range of legislation.
As a minimum, employers should:
- Publish a health and safety policy if they employ more than five people.
- Take out and maintain a compulsory insurance policy, known as Employers’ Liability Insurance, which covers employees against accidents and ill health.
- Arrange for the appointment of health and safety representatives.
- Establish a health and safety committee if requested by a recognised trade union.
- Appoint a competent person to evaluate risks and hazards.
- Arrange periodic risk assessments.
- Consult with employee health and safety representatives.
- Inform staff of risks and steps taken to protect them.
- Provide adequate safety training to address risks, as appropriate.
- Comply with the updated provisions concerning health and safety posters and leaflets.
- Monitor and improve safety arrangements.
- Adapt work to the individual especially with respect to the design of workplaces.
- Establish procedures to be followed in the event of serious and imminent danger to persons working in the organisation.
- Provide comprehensible and relevant health and safety information.
Our Certifications and Accreditations
About Neath Port talbot
Neath Port Talbot (Welsh: Castell-nedd Port Talbot) is a county borough in the south-west of Wales. Its principal towns are Neath, Port Talbot, Briton Ferry and Pontardawe. The county borough borders Bridgend County Borough and Rhondda Cynon Taf to the east, Powys and Carmarthenshire to the north; and Swansea to the west.
Neath Port Talbot is the eighth-most populous local authority area in Wales and the third most populous county borough. The population at the 2011 census was 139,812. The population in the coastal areas is mainly English-speaking, whereas in the valleys in the north of the borough there are many who are Welsh-speaking.
The local authority area stretches from the coast to the border of the Brecon Beacons National Park. The majority of the land is upland or semi-upland and 43% is covered by forestry with major conifer plantations in upland areas. Most of the lower-lying flat land is near the coast around Port Talbot. An extensive dune system stretches along much of the coast, broken by river mouths and areas of development.